Thursday, November 13, 2008

More on using water policy to manage development

I've been catching up on some other people's blogs lately and gathering loads of interesting and useful information. This post is from David Zetland's Aguanomics blog and contains links to some interesting policy proposals by Don Wood of the Pacific Energy Policy Center.
I think his proposal on implementing "net zero (water use) impact" development is interesting and ties in nicely with the City of Peoria's "Principles of Sound Water Management", which I previously posted on.
The main problem I see with his idea is that it will surely lead to more expensive housing (at least in the short term). Maybe longer term, innovation will create more affordable housing that meets the LEED standards he recommends. Or maybe that problem has already been solved? I'd love to hear from anyone that knows more about that than I do.

No comments: