Thursday, December 4, 2008

update on City/County water study

If any readers are wondering why no posts on this topic for a while, it's because the information gathering portion of Phase I is complete and the committee is focused on drafting the report. This involves a series of all day meetings occurring once a month. There was one in Nov. and the next is scheduled for Sat. Dec. 13, from 9 am to 3 pm, at the Tucson Assn. of Realtors, 2445 N. Tucson Blvd. I spoke with a committee member earlier this week who told me they would be discussing the definition of sustainability to be incorporated into their report at the Dec. meeting.

Coming up (when I find the time) I'll be posting on the recent decision by the Tucson City Manager to deny water service to several new developments around the city (late to the game on that one, I know) and the recently completed Town Hall meeting on future regional land use planning.

No comments: